Snail Stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DarkAnviL

Aquarium Advice Regular
A few weeks ago I noticed one of my nassarius snails hanging out on the glass for a while one day. Later that day I noticed these white dot looking things on the spot from where the snail was sitting. Just thought it was some snail slime and it disappeared on it's own. Yesterday another snail (or maybe the same one, not sure though) was sitting on another spot of the glass and left behind the same stuff. Any idea what this stuff is? Eggs maybe? Or is it just snail slime? As far as I know it's just a normal nassarius snails that I have, normally they stay under the sand. I took a few pics here, let me know what you think thanks.

EEK, thats alot of snail eggs. What do I do, just leave them alone? Or some how protect them, is there any way to protect them?

now i got a question lol sorry im taking over your thread wat happens if you dont want all of those snails in your tank cuz if all those would hatch in my tank they would over populate my tank. so how many of them would grow? and once you get snails and then have babies i guess its almost impossible to get rid of them lol

You don't have to worry about over populating your tank. Very few will survive as most are eaten by other livestock in the tank sonn after hatching. Alss, as Mitchell said, they wil die when there is not enough food to feed them all. Natural selection and all... <g>

Back
Top Bottom