Snow flake Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mercury64

Aquarium Advice Regular
My snow flake Eel died ,not sure why, was a big eater ,the last four days did not eat ,I always noticed that he would breath hard all the time but never really worried because it seemed like that was just him, I asked the pet store and they said they do that at times, I figured maybe because his never out from under the rock other then when he eats
He would eat every other day except for this week day four came around and I was worried, he would pop out during feeding time but was not hungry and I noticed that he had a big boldge in his upper body kinda like a snake that ate a rat
he was trying to work it down, I was worried he ate one of my fish but they were all there ,the guy at the pet store said sometime they eat rock ,could thatof been what killed him?
all is well in my tank, nitrites = 0 nitrates = 5 - ammonia = 0 and ph is right at 8.2

I had mine die and my best guess was the freeze dried krill was not soft enough and he choaked. How big of a piece of shrimp? I feed my new SFE small frozen/ fresh krill now.

I have a moray eel. He has had a sore on his side and I have been giving him melafix. His sore looks red and seems to be getting larger. Does any one have any ideas? Also I just purchased a eel the store tag as a wolf eel. From all pictures I have seen this is not it. This new eel is a clear yellow, the belly is white spotted, his face is pointed and the top part of body looks like white rings that would go around his body. Can anyone help me id this new little guy?

nancy a little back ground on your tank could be helpfull :) what are your readings¿ and a pic of the eel if ya can
whats else is in the tank ect
ohh and welcome to aa

Back
Top Bottom