Soemthing weired with spikes all over it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I have a question.. when you do saltater, and get live rock, is it basically like getting a mystery bag filled with unlimited goodies? My friend had his sw forever, and just the other day it seems likme somthing just... came out of no where... what's up, I don't get it...

Hippie guy... Yep. That's about it. Live rock comes with cool hitchhikers and critters that can possibly obliterate your hard work. It's a complete shot in the dark. Woohoo

For sea cucumber, it's awfully small. It'd have to be a baby. But I dunno. How does it move? Is it fast? Does is slither across the ground?

Yeah my cucumber changes sizes all over the place from like half an inch to 3-4 inches. I only was thinking cucumber bc the it looks more rounded and doesn't really have a distinctive front and back while nudibranchs have a more definite head and back.

Good guess.. I have no experience with sea cucumbers so I can't add to that conversation if that's what it is. (if I had one I'd want to squeeze it to see if it's as squishy as it looks Lol)

Ive checked what a black sea cucumber looks like but it doesn't really look the same. I mean the ones I saw online don't have spiked whilst my one does and the spikes look sharp.

Size of mine looks to be around 3-4cm, spikes look to be around 3-4mm

Like what mentioned the head and tail pretty much looks the same.

It slithers across the rocks and sometime slither across and hangs over the rock. It's a pretty slow mover.

Any ideas?

Thanks heaps

-Danny

I'm still going w/ sea cucumber. There's so many different species it's very unlikely ull find it online especially if it was a hitchhiker

Ok if it is a sea cucumber are they bad? Like should I take it our or will it be ok with fish?

I'm also looking at adding sea mushrooms and algae will it be ok with those?

Also is there any specific type of food it needs to eat?

Thanks heaps for your help

-Danny

Mine cruises around my sand bed taking in sand at one and and pooping it out the other. U could always put it in ur sump if u have one.

So I should take it out? I don't want to put anything in the sump so would it just be better taking it to the LFS?

I'm assuming it's not safe to keep in the tank???

-Danny

Back
Top Bottom