Some more things I don't know what are.. 1 is a crab maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verbalkint

Aquarium Advice Activist
1st image: some kind of fan thing.. Comes out of the rock, twirls around and goes back into the rock...

2nd image: Looks almost exactly like the rock he's on.. You have to look hard to see him, but he's there.

Many Thanks.

Dave

On the first image I'll go with feather duster worms...or maybe a type of barnacle. Feather worms don't go back into the rocks THAT often, just when they are disturbed.

On the second image...kind of reminds me of those 3D pictures that you stare at forever... Sorry, I can't see anything in that picture. Maybe some sort of mollusk...or hey...that sort of looks like my dog! :wink:

No, the thing in the 2nd pic moves around quite a bit.

At first, I thought it was some worms moving in and out of a hole in the rock, but then it moved a little bit, and I saw the outline of it.

It looks like a tiny tiny crab of some sorts (Maybe the size of a pencil eraser, or just a BIT bigger than that)

The squarish shape in the dead center of the picture is his body.
Just above and to the left of that, you can see 3 of the legs.. They are kinda flat shaped, not like Hermit crab legs at all..

Also, in the 1st picture, every 3 or 4 seconds, these things complete a 'cycle', in which they come out of the rock, open up into a fan shape like in the picture, twirl around, and go back into the rock.

I estimate that there are about 50 or so in total on all of the rock I got.

Many Thanks.

Dave

Not to doubt the expertise of people here, but they look nothing like a google images search of Barnacles.. ;-/

Do they not have the shell thing for a while, or something??

Thanks

Dave.

p.s. What do I feed these guys?

Back
Top Bottom