Some sort of Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mykpoz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have this Nubby type of coral, two kinds actually (one white, the other brown) They came on my LR, and I have been unsuccessful in finding out what they are...

The small circular features have small fingers that extend during lighting hours.

The closeup picture is blurry, and I attached a full tank shot you can see it in the top left area of my tank on the top.

The best I can come up with is an "Ivory Coral" which is an Oculina species...

Which looks very close to this picture:

TIA
UnidentifiedSPS.jpg

hmmm not really...

its like the picture i posted but the small circular markings that have the small fingers are right next to each other...

Sometimes the tubes are closer together as well as somtimes they are taller. I'd still say it's cladocora sp. A type of tube coral. It's pretty common on florida live rock. It will also commonly bleach out and die off. If not that then, I have no idea. Sorry.

np, I appreciate the help..

Mike from Lr.com actually pointed it out, saying he usually only see's 2-3 a year...

so I figured that I would grab it ;)

I will get a better picture of it once I get home...

here are some more pictures...

the only good picture of the white coral (same as the brown, just white is blurry...)

Attachments

• coral2_179.jpg
    coral2_179.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 223
  • coral_195.jpg
    coral_195.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom