Something Branching Growing out of rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qube

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I'm stumped. Ive looked through this forum and haven't been able to get an idea of what these are. There are two things:

First picture is something that is branching out of a rock that has yellow polyps on it. It doesn't have any polyps to it, but it is growing slowly.

image-3286344082.jpg

Secondly, I've noticed something growing larger in a small hole in my live rock. It's not anywhere light can reach it, but it does appear to have small white polyps of some sort sticking out.

image-1419434345.jpg

Any ideas? Sorry for the crap pics, I just have my iPhone for pics... :)

Those yellow polyps almost look like yellow polyps. They dont look like aiptasia. I cant see good enough for the second pic.

melosu58 said:
Those yellow polyps almost look like yellow polyps. They dont look like aiptasia. I cant see good enough for the second pic.

+1 you said it yourself they are yellow polyps lol and the other pic isn't good enough to answer your question

Mrc8858 said:
+1 you said it yourself they are yellow polyps lol and the other pic isn't good enough to answer your question

I was speaking of the 3 sticks protruding from the rock that has the polyps on it. Maybe a sponge of some sort? Not sure if sponges branch out though...

I'll try and get a better pic of the second one, just hard with the placement of the rock... :)

Those sticks growing out of the rock with the yellow polyps on it could be spionid worms.
The ones in the second picture are possibly small feather duster worms.

I'll have to keep an eye on it, they don't appear to ever stick anything out to capture stuff floating in the water column.

Back
Top Bottom