Something on coral ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had something very similar happen to one of my corals. Based on some advice from here and some research it was a type of disease that is cause from an abrasion or stress to the coral. I blamed I on an urchin I had in the tank.
Anyway it went fast. It was engulfed in a week and dead shortly after

I dunno if you can get on my thread but there was helpful info. I removed my urchin after that, they are risky for reef aquaria anyway. Unfortunately it seems once fragile corals are damaged like that it's very difficult to save. Just what I've read anyway- I'm far from an expert

that's called brown jelly disease. it's not necessarily from abrasion. no one knows how it happens. they think it's a bacterial infection.
i would frag off the unaffected heads immediately and toss the affected ones. take care not to let that stuff blow around.

so what happened? did you save some of it ? did it kill it all? are your other corals okay?
since it is such a rare disease it would be very good to know what worked or did not for you. Thanks!!!

Check the back chamber and make sure it has enough water.

Back
Top Bottom