something on new rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have cured live rock in tank for 1 week now. Last night when I was looking at the rocks to see if anything new was growing I came across this thing on two different places of a rock. I tried to take pics but camera kept making pics look fuzzy. I'll try to describe it. It was green and it looks like grass, there was 8 or 9 sprout like things and it was waving around. It might have been moving because of the current in the water. Does anyone have idea what it is?

I agree, or some type of macro. To say rather it's good or bad, we'd have to be able to give you a more definate ID. Maybe we could see enough with the fuzzy pic if you could post it.

Here is some pics. Sorry they are fuzzy. There are 8 of those sprout things and they are always waving around. Aipstasia? Feather duster? Algae? What do you think?

viewimage.php
[/URL]
viewimage.php
[/URL][/img]

I printed the pics I have and took them to lfs today. The guy said it wasn't aptasia. I told him the tentacles are a light green color and he said that it wouldn't be aptasia because aptasia is brown. So hopefully he knows what he is talking about. He showed me aptasia in one of their tanks and I'm pretty sure I'm safe. Thanks for your input.

I'd keep an eye on them. They do look like aptasia. Did the LFS guy know what they are?

If it's green, it could be majano. Another pest anemone that should be handled the same as aptasia.

Back
Top Bottom