SPS I.D.- Could I have one of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I purchased this coral about 6 months ago or maybe a little longer and it was just like 3 little tiny branches. It has now grown to this. The question I have I was browsing LA's site and saw this, which is excatly like mine. I only wonder cause I didn't pay more than $15 for it and it seems like I may have gotten a steal.

Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Hawkin's Blue Echinata, Aquacultured, ORA

And heres the picture of mine

img_1624583_0_d11ee40ad25c1556e5b94a9a8b4f16a5.jpg

the thing you have to remember about named corals are that they are not as rare and "limited" as people make them out to be. they are all taken from the ocean. just because one diver grabbed a piece and sold it to one guy who sold it to another guy...etc etc, until it ended up in the hands of ORA, who put their name on it and drove the price way up, doesn't mean there aren't massive colonies of the stuff still down there, and being harvested by other divers as we speak.
it all depends who you buy it from, if they colored it up real well before they put the price on it...

Back
Top Bottom