strange growth on live rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i saw found this on a couple of my live rocks this morning this is the only one i could get a clear shot of its growing on a couple of my live rocks i dont know what it is exactly all help will be greatly appreciated its in the middle of the picture the purple growth sorry its so fuzzy lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You shoulda mentioned date on pic again... is it hard? .. i know u know what corline is but when u say growth do u mean its coming up off the rock? Looks like really nice shade of purple coraline to me.

You shoulda mentioned date on pic again... is it hard? .. i know u know what corline is but when u say growth do u mean its coming up off the rock? Looks like really nice shade of purple coraline to me.

i havent tried to touch it yet its growing out of the rock definately not coralline

i'll try to see if i can get a better shot and yea the date in my camera is screwed up obviously lol

Problem i think is i use my phone and the pictures are already small on the phone app. So i have zooom in and step away to get a good view of it

Look up foraminiferans.... hope i spelled it right... i belive they are completly harmless..

yea im googling i cant find a picture of it lol

Good quess .. the start of it... I've only seen it larger then a buckle size but resembles lettece the way it disks out

nah its not plating coralline it kinda looks like a stalk with branches

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom