Strange little things on my glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EvilTwin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know there is a place with picture of many of the tiny things we often find on the glass of our tanks, but I cannot find that, so I'm asking here. I'm sure someone knows what these are.

This morning, I noticed on one end of my tank, that the glass is covered with these tiny little white creatures that are scurrying all around the glass. They are far to small to take a picture of. They have what appears to be two antennae, an oblong body and a double protrusion at the end like a split tail. I have had tons of snail egs laid in my tank over the past month or two. Could that be it, or possibly something else?

Managed to get a pic. I am seeing hundreds of these on my glass today. This is an unusual occurance in my tank.

img_611318_0_786a92ab7bbcc6ed98094b0e36757e87.jpg

their pods and its a good thing means your tank is doing well

hackteck said:
their pods and its a good thing means your tank is doing well

yep. Just to back up what hacktec said...it's a good thing. It means conditions are favorable in your aquarium. Pods serve as a natural source of food for your fish as well.

As far as the really big thing in that picture...i dont' think that's a Pod. Maybe that's a snail?

The really big thing is a nerite snail egg sack. I've got tons of snail eggs, cerith's, too. It was just strange seeing so many of those pods. It was the first time I have seen that since my tank was set up. It's been through a bunch of change recently and I added 40 lbs of additional LR a week ago. It's finally stabilizing. It is always nice to see new things pop up in the tank so I know it is doing well.

they are pods. great "natural" food for your fish and corals.

Back
Top Bottom