strange looking coraline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catchndolphn

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was looking at my lr today and i noticed towards the bottom of the lr there is a few peices of purple coralline that have like little spike/bristles sticking out, they are very very tiny and i havent been able to get a pic with enough resolution to see them. any idea what these are?

i took a look at that page, and they actually look similiar to the other pic next to it, i dont know what kinda scale that picture is on, but its very tiny white/clear spike structures.

Those pics are zoomed in pretty good. The ones I have (red) I would say are 3/8" at best.

nah these things are mabye a milimiter in size and white they are kind of in patches mabye 50 or so stuck in a square inch size. my digital cam is out of batteries, so im going to try to get to the store tommorrow so i can get a pic.

I got batteries for my camera and snapped a few shots today, but none of them are good enough to see anything, apparently its not so easy to take quality pictures up close in a tank.

I find they come out better if your back away from the tank and zoom in. If they are white, it could just be some type of sponge.

I found that no flash, an ISO of 800, Shutter @ 100, Macro mode on, about 2-3 feet away works best. Don't use the zoom that much or you can have focus issues. Just play around with different settings. It takes a lot of practice and I still am not happy with mine.

Back
Top Bottom