strange things happening in my fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulydaturk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Another local hobbyist was nice enough to give me some algae to get my DIY HOB fuge going and I think it came with some hitch-hikers.

Tank is a 90 Gal FOWLR tank so no coral to worry about. BUT... should I be concerned about these guys? There are a couple small ones that look like baby starfish and then this bristly guy... none are huge but if I don't want them, I'd like to get them out. I've also got an awol snail in the FUGE... I'm thinking he climbed out because he was there yesterday and is probably back in the main tank but... not confirmed.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 57
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 61
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 56
A fuge is a safe place for not only algae to grow to remove nitrates from the water column, it is also a safe place for critters to live. Harmless members of your system. Nothing bristle or asterina starfish can do in terms of harm.

Appreciate the response!

There are two of the Asterina's that I've seen... that brittle star looks cool and if it grows I may have a prob but will feed him if that happens.

Back
Top Bottom