Teal looking x-mas tree thing growing on my rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have this small (bout the size of a erase on a pencil) thing growing on my rock. It is a teal looking color and feels like a x-mas tree branch when I touch it. Anyone know what it might be?

Also its not growing like a tree its kinda flattened out. I dont have my good camera here so I cant get a pic right now :(

Its more of a blue/green than gree btw. Definatly doesnt look like an algea or grass. But hey you all know more than I 8)

Ok I have a pic.

I circled the thing in red.

Also in the blue I circled one of those snail things I have. I have a crap load of them in the tank now.

Also are the things circled in green pods? They are all over the glass and rock!

greenthing.gif

I can't tell by the pic but your description sounds like macro algae of some kind but the picture is real blurry, the stuff in green are indeed pods :D and the blue circled snail looks like your run-of-the-mill turbo. A must have for algae control.

I can't tell what the green/blue thing is. Probably some type of macro as mentioned. The snails looks like Stomatella varia to me. A pretty common and prolific hitchhiker. They are great algae eaters so, great additions to your tank. And, the last two are pods.

sweet. the algai looks pretty cool actually lol. Its the only place in the tank with it. Ill try to get the beter camera here soon and get a more clear pic. Those snails are multipling by the hour it seems. At first there was one and now there is at least 10 that I have seen. Also will bods aggetate my corals at all? By like walking on them?

sweet, I got a new clown btw. he is cool. Hopefully he wont carpet surf. Going to get some egg crate this weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom