the worms crawlin, the worms crawl out.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
what exactly do flat worms look like. upon flashlighting my aquarium this evening i saw what looked like a spaghetti worm in a zooplankton burrow in the sand. i know flat worms live in the sand but what do they look like?

thanks

mark

ok that's not what i saw. but i have something that looks similar in my fuge. these arren't red/brown they are clear the one i saw was probably 1/8 th of an inch long. is that a flat worm too?

i know salifert has a product out to rid flat worms would that be ok to put in the fuge? or what do you suugest?

i'll try to post a pic, but i couldn't find one this morning.

thanks kevin

mark

The ones you have in the fuge look a little bigger? Kinda like a snail without a shell? I am leaning more towards stomatella snails. Yeah if you get a pic, it would help. But stomatellas are GREAT! and if confirmed move em to the display.

yeah ththeir mouth moves like a snail . and they do look like snails without shells.

i'll try to send a pic soon.

thanks

Very amazing critter they are. Hard to keep though, if you are having luck with them, you are doing something right. Mandarin goby's make quick work of them of flatworms and one of the best natural predators of flatworms are Velvet Nudibranch, although hard to keep, they are amazing for cleaning these pests up.

ok i finally got a pic. the one that i took is about 1/4 inch long and moves like a snail.

what is it? good or bad?

thanks

mark

ohio reefer said:
yeah ththeir mouth moves like a snail . and they do look like snails without shells.

thanks

Yup move them to the display.. They aregreat cleaners and very fast! I have a fuge full of them

Razoreqx said:
ohio reefer said:

thanks

Yup move them to the display.. They aregreat cleaners and very fast! I have a fuge full of them

I have those in the fuge as well.. Those are a type of slug.. a flatworm.. Here this site will help you with all the info you want on that subject.
http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~bu6/flatintr.htm
Its a research site on marine slugs.. hehe

Back
Top Bottom