There's a stranger in my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonya

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So set up a new (used) bio cube 2 Weeks ago. Live sand and about 10 # of live rock. I was counting the aptasia (lol) and noticed this tiny guy slowly moving across the rock. What is it??

ForumRunner_20120715_223611.jpg

I think with boiling you chance an exploding rock. Could you just take the rock out and let it die out of the water? Seems like that would accomplish the same thing. How long will those little buggers live out of the water.

You would be surprised how resilient they are. lol I had a bunch of rocks out of water for several weeks and laying in the hot sun as well and the aipastias came back.

The eventual way I killed mine was I nuked them with ammonia. What you could do is out the rock in a separate tank or container and dose with alot of pure ammonia. They will die off within like 3 days; BUT you will also kill the live rock. :-(

So I would first try to kill each one and see how you do. I use aiapastia X it comes with a syringe thing so you can jack each one.

Good luck!!

carey said:
You would be surprised how resilient they are. lol I had a bunch of rocks out of water for several weeks and laying in the hot sun as well and the aipastias came back.

The eventual way I killed mine was I nuked them with ammonia. What you could do is out the rock in a separate tank or container and dose with alot of pure ammonia. They will die off within like 3 days; BUT you will also kill the live rock. :-(

So I would first try to kill each one and see how you do. I use aiapastia X it comes with a syringe thing so you can jack each one.

Good luck!!

I have been injecting them for hours! Bet theres over 100 easy. Can not believe how fast they moved all over the tank. Thankfully I am getting them before I put the rock work permanently in place.

Back
Top Bottom