This should be easy to identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikonographer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay guys, I'm sure this is easy but I just need to make sure. Please let me know what corals I have and the kind of care it needs...

First one:
3485800982_3050a5fbfa_o.jpg

Second: This one shrank a lot. It was much more alive when I got it.
3484986235_c4d8edce4e_o.jpg

Third: LFS said it's a leather coral?
3485800596_6d1b97542d_o.jpg

Fourth: This one is luminous.
3485799166_e097989d83_o.jpg

Last: I know it's an Anemone but what kind and what is wrong with it? It shrank and started to show a purplish color. What does this thing eat?
3485799614_0e1158f8e1_o.jpg

I'd really appreciate your inputs on these. I really need to know what they eat and how to maintain them. Thanks in advance!

the first 2 pics are xenia's, the second looks a finger leather and the third are green star polyps, not sure about the anemone though sorry.lm still learning myself lol bu tIm sure mel will post and let you know. I have some gree nstars and they grow super good but watch them, they grow like an encrusing corla and they will literally grow over other corals close to them, ive had to peel a section off of my button polyps a couple times, I just moved the rock they were on so it wasnt touching any others

I think pic 1,2 and 4 are goniapora (flowerpot coral) or maybe Alvepora, I can never tell the two apart. Pic 3 is a leather for sure.

The anemone needs strong lighting to be happy. How much lighting do you have on this tank?

Agree that the 1st, 2nd, and 4th are Goniopora. The 3rd looks to be Lobophytum or Sinularia. As for the anemone, I'll throw out Macrodactyla doreensis since that is first thing that came to mind when seeing the pic...what was it sold to you as?

Thanks for all the replies guys. Unfortunately I had to give the tank to a more suitable care taker. Daddy's rescue had to end. Perhaps another time.

Back
Top Bottom