Tiny White things on glass! Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am currently cycling my 75 gallon tank. The live rock and live sand was not causing any ammonia spike so about 3-days ago I threw a frozen raw cocktail shrimp in there to get things going. This afternoon I noticed that my glass has A LOT of tiny white specs on it. They almost look like mini pin head sized white star fish. They have a round middle and then hair-like tentacles that com out from the middle. It looks like most of them have about 5 but there a some with more and less. They are very small. There are also a couple tiny white things that actually move around on the glass. It looks like a tiny white worm/bug or something. I really hope this is not parasites from the raw shrimp. The shrimp had been forzen for many months. Any advice would be appreciated.

These are normal things to be seeing in a newly set up tank. I would not be concerned.

I found this picture from somebody else on the web that had the same problem. They did not get any advice on what it is though. The picture is magnified. These things are tiny and white with the eye. Thanks

They are just little pods and it is normal. My seahorse would eat the daylights out of them. No need to worry.

Back
Top Bottom