Unidentified Hitchhiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaschard

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any idea what this is? Is is welcome? If not how do I get rid of it?

Thanks

Attachments

• UnidentifiedGrowingObject.jpg
    UnidentifiedGrowingObject.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 167
Its an apitasia(might have spelled it wrong)either get a peppermint shrimp which i think are cool or go to ur fish store and tell them about it and theyll give you sumthing like joe's lemon juice or sumthing

that doesn't look like an aptasia to me. i would wait until it opens up more and then take another pic. looks like a zoanthid polyp.

I agree my apatasia never looked like that. I have had a run of it. FYI lemon juice works great. A little extermination at a time. SUCCESS

I would agree with Mr X on possibly zoanthid polyp. I have however seen some variations of aptasia which differs from the common long tentacle variety that most of us are familiar with but this doesn't resemble anything like it. I would also agree with waiting until it opens up and maybe post another pic if you are still in doubt.

Thanks for the help!

It would appear the question is now moot as my black clown has made it's home in the vicinity of said object and has been pecking at it for the last few days. Unless it has retreated far, far back into its hole in the rock, it would appear to be deceased, dead, gone, an ex polyp/aptasia.

Back
Top Bottom