Unidentified Hitchhikers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Bait

Aquarium Advice Freak
Give it your best shot. Stuff just started sprouting from my LR since day. In the first 2 pics, what is growing is right under the line of bubbles. looks like a purple plasma with tiny balls on the end.
2.079.jpg

078.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

The fourth picture is Aiptasia. They are not good for the tank. Here is a good link on how to get rid of them. The third pic looks like a colt coral or some type of tree coral. On the first two pics I cant see what you are talking about.

The "purple plasma with tiny balls on the end" is a species of corynactis. This one is a harmless hitch hiker.

Thank you all very much. Mr. X you have saved me from much stress!! Carried, i though it may be a carpet anenome but wasn't sure. Fun additive to the tank. Melosu, can i keep it in the tank? I has not moved or multiplied in the 6 months ive had it so far. Just stays put.

The problem is that they usually multiply pretty fast. They will sting and sometimes depending on their number destroy a coral. If it`s just staying put and not producing more I guess you can keep it but dont let it get out of control as it`s easier to get rid of one than many.

Back
Top Bottom