Unknown crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveness123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I've found this crab it came with my rocks as a hitchhiker just wondered if I should try and catch it if its bad.

Not the best pictures as it won't come out its little hole ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394579197.872953.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394579215.020940.jpg

Thanks for any help

Hard to tell what kind of crab that is from the picture, but IMO pretty much all crabs end up being bad crabs. Try a bottle trap to catch him

Cut the top 1/3rd off a water bottle flip it over so the so that the opening is down in the other 2/3 put a little piece of shrimp inside and lean it up near its hole. Once it goes in for the food you'll be able to get the bottle out before the crab gets out.

Do you think it's worth getting out though? I don't know how long its been in there for and nothing has gone wrong in my tank.
I also have two hermit crabs in there.

Thanks for the reply by the way

I don't like crabs (pom pom and acros excluded) because they have a habit of going rouge on me. They are opportunistic feeders and will eat any thing they can catch

I only set mine up to have 2 clowns and lots of soft corals. I might get it out if its likely to harm anything in the long run

Back
Top Bottom