Unknown Polypy Thingy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skywhitney

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok who knows what this is?! It's growing down from the bottom of a rock overhang. It has not tried to eat me so I'm taking that as a sign of it not being super horrible.

img_2287631_0_e30015aa50c3af6f6ede86aaa0dbfffe.jpg

It looks like a dendronepthia (I know I must've spelled that so wrong). If it is you'll need to target feed it quite a lot but I would just let it be. They're so hard to keep. I've only had one and it didn't last past 18 months. That was over 13 years ago though. There's better coral food out now. They actually prefer to hang upside down like that. They're non photosynthetic. Very cool coral to find on a rock!

and the winner is....Pulsing Xenia.

I just killed the flow to that half of the tank and sure enough all polyps started pulsing.

I appreciate the help guys!!

Really! I was way off. The short polyps and white dashes threw me for a loop. -_-
A Xenia is way better to find.

Really! I was way off. The short polyps and white dashes threw me for a loop. -_-
A Xenia is way better to find.

haha I don't know about that, I tried to get rid of the Xenia I had in my tank lol.

I guess only time will tell how it does where it is though, it's pretty dark.

Back
Top Bottom