unkown name of new fish...HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gio32626

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just cought this fish in ocean and put in my tank...can anyone tell me what it is...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130323_174747.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130323_174747.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 223
  • ForumRunner_20130323_174757.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130323_174757.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 206
Awesome catch. They're voracious predators so be wary of what else is in the tank.

Moved to SW identification.

As a note, please make sure that you have thoroughly checked your local ordinances to know that collection of live fish (and that species in particular) for the purpose of keeping them as pets is indeed legal. :)

Sargassum fish float in on seaweed and eat the lil shrimps and crabs in the weed. Cool fish they come in black to.

Your right daniel...i cought him in the seaweed

That is so cool you caught a sargassum frog fish. When I have my own house I am getting a big SW tank and have one of those.

Nice catch!!

Thats easily one of the coolest fish you can ever come across! I'm so jealous.

Is your tank cycled yet? What size tank are you keeping him in?

That's a nice size tank for that fish. Have you tested your tank water yet to see where the levels are? You know, just to make sure he'll be alright.

Lol hahahaha....2 of my damsels are missing....im throughing him back in the ocean right now

I would rather have the angler fish than the damsels any day. I have to admit that damsels are kind of an expensive snack.

My tank is still cycling thats why i have damsels

MINItron said:
I would rather have the angler fish than the damsels any day. I have to admit that damsels are kind of an expensive snack.

I definitely agree with that. Damsels are kinda nasty once they get large and even though this guy's a predator he's really awesome. You may want to swap him out later so you can have shrimp and other fish but it isn't worth changing him for damsels.

Back
Top Bottom