What Am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's tissue recession, something is bothering your coral it may be uncomfortable, did you acclimate it properly?

Its been in the tank for around 3 weeks now, its been knocked around by PHs and such a few times. It sets about a foot under a 4 bulb t5ho fixture. As far as feeding, we normaling shoot little photoplankton at it. Also early this morning i dropped a mysis shrimp on to it and it seems to eat that as well. Could be from lack of food? On Few occasions ive seen a few tenticals swaying in the current. Any help would be good. As far as the white it seems to be going away. Thank you.

First of all, you don't need to feed it. There is a chance that feeding it will cause parameter swings and algae blooms, because we all overfeed corals when we try to do it. It will get all the energy it needs from your lighting. If it is showing its feeder tentacles, that is a good sign that it is healthy and inflating.

They're candy canes. The white is normal. I've seen them plenty with white stripes. It doesn't look like tissue recession cause they're pretty plump. Phyto isn't really going to help these guys. Try mysis or something like that. However I can see your trates or phosphates are off due to the cyano. I'd look into that before starting heavy feeding.

They're candy canes. The white is normal. I've seen them plenty with white stripes. It doesn't look like tissue recession cause they're pretty plump. Phyto isn't really going to help these guys. Try mysis or something like that. However I can see your trates or phosphates are off due to the cyano. I'd look into that before starting heavy feeding.
Agreed. Don't feed it at all. Up water changes and vacuum up that cyanobacteria.

Back
Top Bottom