What are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcusa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to know what are these?

Attachments

• what1.jpg
    what1.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 172
  • what2.jpg
    what2.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 171
the one on the right is a stony coral. small polyp scleractinian, or sps. it looks in pretty bad shape, but not dead.
the one on the left is a large polyp coral, but i'm not sure which. can you touch it, let the polyps retract, and then take a picture? how big is that frag? maybe a browned out galaxia coral, depending on the size. do you see any long sweeper tentacles at night?

Yea, the bottom one looks to be some sort of sickly sps. Possibly an acropora, in which case you should hand it over to someone with a well established sps tank because that thing looks close to the edge.

The top one is some sort of LPS, a more detailed pic would help . Could be a Galaxea like mr X said, but a pic with polyps retracted revealing the corallites would be definitive.

Yeah the sps is in bad shape, and just trying to get it to revive, a friend gave it to me and I was hoping to get it revived. The LPS looks green to me, I'll try to get a picture will the polyps in. I remember the guy at the LFS saying not to put it by any other coral because it will kill them.

Back
Top Bottom