What are these on my Live Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aussie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, got my LR the other day and noticed a few different things growing off it. I know some of these are corals but i'm not sure about the rest. Wondering if anyone can ID these for me plz.

corals.jpg

coral3.jpg

brain.jpg

colony.jpg

red.jpg

bluebubble.jpg

Whats the blue bubble in this one?

looks like some kind of acopora, cup coral, notsre but maybe an encrusting montipora, button polyps, not sure, and red macro algea

Pic one is definately acropora, Pic 2 does look like cup coral, and pic #4 are polyps, maybe tube polyps? Your very lucky to have those :D Did you get them from liverocks.com?

No, i'm from OZ so everything comes from The Great Barrier Reef or there abouts. All those pics came on my Live Rock when i bought it from a LFS.

Image #5 is a tunicate. The red colored one's are pretty common. They are filter feeders. One opening is an "in", the other..an "out". When active, they inflate. They'll need phytoplankton to survive.

In your case, there is some orange coralline algae growing over the middle portion of the tunicate, between the "in" and the "out".

Back
Top Bottom