what coral is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesnt look like a sun coral to me. It is some sort of polyp though, possibly button polyps. But without the polyps extended I cant say for sure.

I didnt think it did either, but I just got last night, it has not opened yet, Thanks

I dunno. Button polyps wouldn't be hanging open like that would they? The bases aren't that thick either, I don't think. I sorta think it does look like sun polyps, just not a common species. Can you get a clearer photo of the head of the corals? Do the corals stay open that much or close all the way at times?

I still think it is a button :p

img_790254_0_d72cc2e105007b1ee386a58b45ace87b.jpg

hopefully they will be open more this afternoon.

I will get another pic if they are, thanks

I think a clearer pic will help out...I'm not going to say either way because I've never seen button polyps hanging open like that either...I'm kinda with DT on this one...lets get a better pic so we can know for sure!

Green button polyps. Also orange sun polyps have a tube that they come out of also. Pics also of my sun coral. It just does not look like them. IMO

Attachments

• 100_0465_130.jpg
    100_0465_130.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_0213_545.jpg
    100_0213_545.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 29
Bleached (not sure tho could be just the pics) polyps . My polyps will sometimes sit like that for a day or 2 then open fully ...

still not open, I am sure it is not a sun. It is opening a lttle more but not yet, hopefully it will make it.

Can you get another pic of it? Maybe a better pic will help things out a bit....I just looked at the orginal pic and some of the pics that others have posted and I don't think it is sun coral....I think Marc was right they are unhappy button ployps...

Back
Top Bottom