what could be eating my frogspawn skeleton?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
Been a while since I've been on here but thats just because things have been going rather well! But, as the title says, something has been eating my frogspawn's skeleton. I picked it up today and whatever has been eating itis almost all the way through on one head. I saw a star on it but it just looked like a normal asternia (which I hav'nt seen before in this tank). I have dipped all of my new inhabitants and since wednesday, the tank has been on lockdown due to a crash (I let it rest up for 6 weeks). This is in my 55g btw.
Thanks a ton!

There is a disease that those kinds of corals get. It`s called brown jelly disease. Do a search on the site here on it.

Brown Jelly is an after effect, a result of trauma, usually. I would pull any asterinas from the skeleton and toss. Keep the tissue flushed with water flow and if you must, perform a dip using ReVive.

alrighty. thanks! now that the star is gone, it is finally extending, hasnt in a month or so!
Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom