What could this be on my live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natchos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!
I am wondering if these 2 pink/purple things could actually be something growing on my rocks. If you look on the large picture it is at the middle of the tank at the top. It looks about 2 or 3 mm thick, and looks porous. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2838713625.jpg
    image-2838713625.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 176
  • image-904467505.jpg
    image-904467505.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 183
  • image-1621100706.jpg
    image-1621100706.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 181
Well some of the purple is coraline algae which isn't bad. Also it looks like u have red slime algae which is caused by an abundnace of nutrients in the tank but looking at ur tank is say u don't have that so it may e the start of diatom blooms if ur tank is leas than 6 months old. It will soon cover your whole tank as it cycles. Just keep up with water changes and let it in it's course add cheap fish and crabs,snails to help with the cycling. It also looke like you had some aptasia anemones. They are small round with tentclea hanging from them and are very bad. They will spread throughout ur whole tank, if you had coral they would sting and kill your coral. They also are very very hard to get rid of it. Ask for aptasia-x at your pet store .

Back
Top Bottom