What did I find?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last night was the first opportunity I had to go in and look at the liverock after lights out.....this little thing cannot be seen from just looking. I was using the flashlight and caught the yellow color that seemed just a little
different. Forgive the horrid photo, but I think you can get the general idea from it.

Now that I know it is there, it is visible in the day. It was just so small that I had not noticed it before.

when offered a tiny piece of beef heart, it latched on to it and is eating it greedily......did you know that hermit crabs like beef heart too?

Sounds more like an Aiptasia anemone. To be safe, get a syringe (without a needle) and use it to place a gob of calcium hydroxide (kalkwasser powder) and water on it to kill it. If you can nip this in the bud, you will be ahead of the game.

Mark

we squirted a scalding water over it and this appeared to have taken care of the problem. Guess I will know in a few days.

We live way out in a rural area and acquiring items that you do not have on hand in a hurry, is pretty much out of the question. We are two hours from the closest pet store chain. Needless to say, I did not have any Kalkwasser.

This brings me to another question, what "essential products" would you say you must have on hand? Kind of like a first aid kit. I have the test stuff..but what else?

The remainer of this thread was split off to "Kalwasser use in a reef tank" -Mark

Back
Top Bottom