What happened to ny zoa ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed this a few days ago. A Zoa head is all white is this a dead one ? Will it affect the rest if I don't remove it ?

Are you sure it's not like a little pineapple sponge?

It could be a morph which can be really cool. If u take a little better picture it may help us.

Maybe these will help

Attachments

• image-2609251384.jpg
    image-2609251384.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 111
Looks like a pineapple spong to me, not a zoa. Notice how it is "fuzzy" and has an opening at the end. Google search it and see if it is a match, but it looks just like mine.

I'm not sure if it's a sponge or not , that's why I'm asking , how long Willa sponge take to grow , this is the first coral frag I put in my tank like over 3 months ago

Awesome , ^_^ glad to know its not a dead Zoa and that the pineapple sponge is harmless , that would be my next question ^_^ . I love finding new ( free ) marine life in my tank. Say Hi to my new worms

Now I'd the Flame Scallop i want will just unlatch itself from the gigantic 10+ lb (expensive ) rock it attached itself too at my LFS I'll be all set ^_^

Attachments

• image-3197626567.jpg
    image-3197626567.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 75
Oh I do have one other question , should I move it ? Will it get big and crowd out my zoos?

No you don't have to move it, unless you just don't like it. You could remove it, but getting it to reattach somewhere else, would be difficult.
They don't usually get much bigger than it is right now.

Back
Top Bottom