What is on my rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JhereG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got these spikes growing on of my rocks, as i am fairly new to this. What are they? good or bad?

tank1.JPG

tank2.JPG

the first pict looks like a red macro growing Macro gives the tank character so I would leave it , just watch as it grows and keep it trimmed so it don't get over whelming , depending on how big a patch you want . I keep my macro's around 4 to 6 inches in diameter making them bush up , the herbivore fish love to snack on them as it's part of their natural diet .

now if you don't want it remove those rocks scrape off as much as you can , than wash off the area with peroxide and use a tooth brush for scrubbing this will help kill it off , than rinse off the rock with some tank water in a bucket than you can return those rocks to the tank . you may need to repeat this process every week or so till it all dies off .

in the second pict I'm not sure what your looking at , I see something in the tunnel hard to see but I'm thinking it could be more of that macro like on the first rock , the white patches on the front of the rock looks like some coralline dyeing off it could also the reflection off your light .

The second picture was just another pic of the same stuff, was just trying to get more detailed.

Back
Top Bottom