what is on the torch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I haddnt looked at this tank for two days and noticed this thing on it. Its the little white thing right below the tenticals

ForumRunner_20130223_134821.jpg

The second pic is of an unknown creature I know not good pic. Its like a snail with no shell.

ForumRunner_20130223_134839.jpg

Sorry theres algea on the glass. Been hell here latly.

Hard to tell what on the torch. The other could be a stomatella snail. They have a single dome like shell.

Is it that snail a danger? I would assume it eats algea as it was on the glass and all over the rock. Its kinda greyish in color. I will try to get a better pic of the torch.

Is this pic any better? And he always srivels up like this when I first turn on the lights than about 10-20 MIN later is fully back out. Is that just him adjusting from night to light?

ForumRunner_20130224_090935.jpg

Is it that snail a danger? I would assume it eats algea as it was on the glass and all over the rock. Its kinda greyish in color. I will try to get a better pic of the torch.

They're no danger. A good member of CUC.

It looks to me like the same snail on the torch just from those pictures.

Hard to tell from the picture, but It appears to be a Q-tip or pineapple sponge. The other is a stomatella snail. Both are harmless.

Hard to tell from the picture, but It appears to be a Q-tip or pineapple sponge. The other is a stomatella snail. Both are harmless.

I googled pineapple sponge and its correct thank you. And I'm relieved its harmless

Back
Top Bottom