What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garbear27

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought this live rock and this flower looking thing was attached on it idk if it's dangerous to have or harmless I just want to know what it is

Attachments

• image-647007657.jpg
    image-647007657.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 122
This is an aiptasia. You do not want them in your tank as they spread very quickly and will sting and kill other corals. There are many methods to get rid off them but do not try to pluck or scrub it off, this will only cause it to spread. I find that injecting the stem with lemon juice works best...or just putting a big blob of it into its mouth. When doing this make sure the current is turned off so the lemon juice can sit in it (i leave mine off for at least 10 minutes). There is also aiptasia x which can be purchased from your LFS and basically works the same way.

kms907 said:
This is an aiptasia. You do not want them in your tank as they spread very quickly and will sting and kill other corals. There are many methods to get rid off them but do not try to pluck or scrub it off, this will only cause it to spread. I find that injecting the stem with lemon juice works best...or just putting a big blob of it into its mouth. When doing this make sure the current is turned off so the lemon juice can sit in it (i leave mine off for at least 10 minutes). There is also aiptasia x which can be purchased from your LFS and basically works the same way.

I don't even have a coral tank though I'm just doing a FOWLR

Well what you do is get a syringe and squirt it in the mouth with a choice of things. you can get some pickling lime from the and put some water in it so it is lie a paste you can also use some lime juice.

There is also a little Nudibranch that will eat them and nothing else they are called Berghia, Good luck.. not sure if they are available in Canada

Back
Top Bottom