What is this????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishbone13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got some Fiji Ultra Live Rock and I saw this character. Must be a hitchhiker. Looks creepy, does anyone have a clue what it is? I hope there isn't any more cuz I think I just got lucky when I spotted this onee.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 154
  • worm.jpg
    worm.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 150
You can't realy see it in the pic but all along the top on either side it has spikes. It had one of my clownfish wrapped up. Needless to say my tank is light one clownfish and I made sure this thing paid the piper. I just hope there isn't any more in the rocks. I looked all over the internet and I can't find anything that looks close to that.

spines really sound like bristle worm
I can see why you would think that wolfpack but the spiikes on this one are only on the top section of it. the rest of the body which is pretty long dosn't have any. it looks like a regular worm on the bottom 2 / 3rd's And the top 1/3rd is evil look'n with those spikes.

That doesn't look like any bristleworm i've ever seen.

I have no idea what that guy is but I don't like it.

Flake said:
That doesn't look like any bristleworm i've ever seen.

I have no idea what that guy is but I don't like it.

the more i look at the first pic the more i know its not one either but i dont know what to call that thiing

What ever it is it's bad news cuz it took out one of my clowns. I tried call'n the place I got the rock from but they were closed and they won't be open til tomorrow cuz of easter. Maybe he has had a few of these guys cross his path before while deal'n with this specific type of rock.

It almost looks like a night crawler minus the part that looks to be shredded lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hinds04 said:
Your first guess was whack and you didn't even say "it might be". Don't advise when you have no idea what your talking about. That is absolutely not a bristle worm.

after looking at it for awhile i get i was wrong bw was the only thing i could possibly think of i even said in an above post i dont know what it was and would like to know as well i told the OP to pm mike hes been doing this for 13yrs he of all people would know. was i wrong yes we all make mistakes please be more courtious next time.

Don't sweat it wolfpack, I'm clueless as to what it is too. Any attempt to figure out what it is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom