What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bowingpurple.gif
Reef Goddess :D Thanks Teri, your welcome around here anytime!!!

Thanks reeflady... do you no of any benifits or possible problems with this algae?

maiceman,

did you check out the link reeflady gave ya?

I did not so I dont know what kinds of info was in that link but it might have some info on that algae specifical.

In general macro algae is much more benifial to your system than cyano or slime or hair algae.

Yeah, I read it and thought it was great... just wanted to know if there were any details that were not on the definition & picture page. Being a calsifying algae does it mean that I have the correct level of calcium in my tank.... I have had trouble getting it much above 400 and I am reading 3-3.5 meq/l.

do you no of any benifits or possible problems with this algae?

maiceman,

What is typical for a calcareous algae is that they will not go "sexual" like Caulerpa will, so people tend to keep then in their display tank more often. OTOH, if you let it grow out of control, it will absorb quite a bit of calcium out of your system, so keep it fairly well trimmed, and relatively small....just watch your ca levels.

Being a calsifying algae does it mean that I have the correct level of calcium in my tank.... I have had trouble getting it much above 400 and I am reading 3-3.5 meq/l.

I don't know what these types of algae require to grow, but 400 for a ca level is not bad at all.

HTH,

reeflady

Thanks for the great info. So far I only have a couple of growths and they are in a nice visible location.

Back
Top Bottom