what is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
what is this? when i bought my Tonga ths was atached to it and it fell off today looking for my star fish? any one know what it is? it moves like one of them venus fly traps lol its funny looking! is it a pest? it has like 6 heads on it

o it flows in the current. and it does move also. picture u opening and closing your hand. thats what it does with its feather. it has 8 feathers to a head and has many heads on this stalk. its pink in color.

i tryed to get a closer pic but any closer and it gets realy blury. i will try when i get home from school today. but i am shure my camra sucks lol.

how would that of got on my LR? its was on the tonga i bought from my fish store last week. it was in a tank ful off coarl i do know that but i did not see anything on it. i just wanted the tonga out of the tank lol. its growing so fast. its doubled in size over the pst 3 days?

I agree w/ Fluff. It looks and sounds like pulsing xenia. It grows aggressively, and any polyps separated from the main colony will attach to rock, glass, etc and form a new colony. It's not surprising it hitchhiked in on some LR. Very cool to see it pulsing isn't it lol?

i seen on line that it only pulses when it is happy and water qualty is good. is this correct?
so i must have good water NO? and it for shure would not live if there were ammo, or nitrite in the water right?. just trying to compare and see if i need new test kits? there kinda old over 6months and wondering if i should get new? as for PH test also.

Best not to guess about your water chemistry.. If you don't trust your test kits, take a water sample to the LFS and compare the results they get with your own.

I agree....don't assume because something seems happy that everything is ok. Make sure you are checking your water and like Nicksgirl said if you aren't sure about your test kits get new ones or take your water to the LFS.

Back
Top Bottom