What is this? A toadstool or..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goofyjas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought this at a LFS as it looked pretty cool( the polys werent as long when I bought it), Well my clowns LOVE it so i wanted to buy another, I was told it was a long poly toad.. so I bought another at another LFS and the polys are only about 1/4 an inch. So I ask the guy I bought it from and he has no idea hasnt seen anything with this long of polys before, also the hands at the ends. I would love to get my hands on another one with some larger hands on the end but I duno what to ask for.. any help?

I like the long tentacles and hands, I wish i could find one like this. I have this picture at 4 LFSs and nobody says they can get one or has seen something like it.

TIA

img_393227_0_ee739b95cbcf3362b84ceb2a50979b93.jpg

A very happy toadstool to boot. Definately a Sarcophyton sp. though.

Cheers
Steve

sarcophyton seem to be a gamble. you have to pick them out by the way they look. i cant imagine the number of different types people are keeping. that one might have been a recent frag. my medium size toad stool has pretty long polyps. it just self fraged a small piece of and it has the same long polyps but it is a little piece.

BTW, that one does look happy. they are also hit or miss on how often they extend like that

steve r

Back
Top Bottom