What is this cool thing in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
sorry no photos, cuz my camera just isn't good enough, but here's my description.

its about the size of a quarter, very thin and slightly concave, light orange colored, and very closely resembles a mushroom coral.

but it appears to constantly be moving around the live rock, and I'd assume its eating.

Its not a detached mushroom coral, cuz it moves slowly so after a few hours it's only moved 6-10 inches, and is always on the rock. It also never seems to close up.

Just give me any possible ideas, and I'll do the rest of the research. right now I just don't even know where to begin.

sounds like a fleshy limet. I believe I have a pic of one if I can find it, I'll post it.

Here is a really, really crappy picture of the one I had. As pretty as they are, I've read they will munch on your soft corals. I never seen mine bother any corals though.

I have a couple of those. I was assuming that they were keyhole limpets that had somehow lost their shells. LOL

Wow, that looks exactly like what I've got!

I do have mushroom corals and yellow polyps, so I'll keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom