What is this in my refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Curious about this thing that sprouted in my refugium I need an ID please
Looks like a feather duster to me but never seen a white one. On the feathers they are spotted

refugium contents 002.jpg

refugium contents 005.jpg

Looks just like my feather dusters. I have many colors, tiny red ones, multicolored middle sized ones and great big coco worms red and white. I think they are the same family. I have a few brown ones they are the most common ones I see in FS's. Congrats on you new find:olympic:

it is a boring transparent white color. Are they all like that when the first sprout? will it change to a bright color as it matures. I don't believe this is a hitch hiker as I haven't added anything to my refugium in 3-4 months. It just sprouted overnight practially Very cool. Its very sensative as well, when I walk into my kitchen(where my fish tank is) It feels the vibrations from me walking on my tile floor 5feet away and retracts into the tube with lightning speed. I am kinda excited to see how it will do long term.

If it's whit, it will stay white unless you get some coraline growing on it.

I've got a few of those in my tank. I just ran across a post somewhere (can't remember now!) with the actual name of what they are. They don't get bigger, but the tube gets longer. Some of mine are red (really tiny though) and another is white with reddish dots on the "feathers". They don't seem to change colors.

Back
Top Bottom