What Is This Little Bugger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I add live rock to the tank today and after a few hours this little thing popped up! What the heck is it!?

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 131
It's a pod no doubt lol. Does it scoot around on it's side or does it move upright on all legs (like a normal beetle) with its tail extended? If it scoots on its side it's an amphipod, if it walks like a beetle it's a copepod. that's my experience anyways, up until today I didn't realize Copepods got much larger than a grain of sand.

It's a pod no doubt lol. Does it scoot around on it's side or does it move upright on all legs (like a normal beetle) with its tail extended? If it scoots on its side it's an amphipod, if it walks like a beetle it's a copepod. that's my experience anyways, up until today I didn't realize Copepods got much larger than a grain of sand.

It was out kinda scooting around on that id say was its back. I must of ran and hit in the live rock again.

I got my rock from a small sw store. The rock id say he came from was a big cured rock that was in one of there more active tanks.

Back
Top Bottom