What is this monster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanB80TTS

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got my first coral and as I was holding the rock this popped out (that I touched/it touched me)
I'm not sure if its a sea slug, or a hare or maybe a snail without a shell. What is it? Do I want it in my tank? And will it kill me? (I know sounds dramatic but I'm saltwater noob and know some things can be nasty

Attachments

• DSCN0657.jpg
    DSCN0657.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 145
I don't know what it is but feel the need to tease you cause you are covered with its cooties. Lol

Looks like a snail to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know what it is but feel the need to tease you cause you are covered with its cooties. Lol

Looks like a snail to me.

There is no shell though, it looks like it has the trap door on its body like a snail though.
It was on the rock and it looks like a bit of bubble algae so I touched it to see if it popped or something and it took off and slugged over to where my finger was holding the rock and the I just got it to fall off into the bag the coral came in.

It's a stomatella snail, a very beneficial hitchhiker.

A snail with a fingernail for a shell that looks like a slug is just about the very definition of a stomatella snail

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom