What is this pink worm? good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rorybeau

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my tank for about a year but have only just seen this 'worm'. Help me please?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399068332.241333.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399068332.241333.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 124
Actually looks like a fireworm, hopefully someone can verify this.

Fireworms have broader bodies than your average bristleworm, but are actually still pseudocoelomates and not aceolomates.

They have a much worse sting than bristleworms, and you should probably get it out and any others you find. Can you confirm that if is more flat than round?

Bristleworm or fireworms are one in the same basically. Most organisms labeled bristle or fireworm are polychaetes with sharp bristle like setae and are harmless. There is only one harmful species and it is rarely seen. That's the Caribbean coral eating fireworm Hermodice carunculata. Your picture isn't that one, it's a harmless "bristleworm".

Bristleworm or fireworms are one in the same basically. Most organisms labeled bristle or fireworm are polychaetes with sharp bristle like setae and are harmless. There is only one harmful species and it is rarely seen. That's the Caribbean coral eating fireworm Hermodice carunculata. Your picture isn't that one, it's a harmless "bristleworm".

Thank you someone that gets it!

Back
Top Bottom