What is this thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iatmadja

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am new to the forum, and I am wondering what the heck is this thing floating around my saltwater aquarium and they also stick on the glass. I tried to take a picture of the ones floating around but can't. So I took a pic of one of them sticking to the glass. This creature is very very tiny but I seem to have like 20 of them overnight!!! I am just worried this might be something I should worry :(

Attachments

• IMG_3640.jpg
    IMG_3640.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 64
Not going to lie.. that looks like a picture more than it does a real organism haha. But yeah, i looked up what mrg02d said and it is a jellyfish. I would have said, some species of sea star.. but those tentacles drove me away from that option.

Good work identifying and helping out mrg02d. :)

I've got some of those too, i couldn't get a picture of it though, its so small my camera wouldn't focus on it. So...They'll just go away? are they a problem?

Not going to lie.. that looks like a picture more than it does a real organism haha. But yeah, i looked up what mrg02d said and it is a jellyfish. I would have said, some species of sea star.. but those tentacles drove me away from that option.

Good work identifying and helping out mrg02d. :)

Happy to finally contribute!

They arent bad, but likely arent good either. I never had a problem with them. They do hang out near copepods though, so dont get upset if they snag one or two before they wind up in your filter. (Mine would regularly get sucked into my filter intake).

Matt

Back
Top Bottom