What is this white stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long have you had the rock? Could be die off, but it may be a sponge as well.

It's probably just some dieoff then. You could use a soft brush and brush it away.

If it were my tank, I wouldn't bother pulling it out. Some others may feel differently.

is there a cleaner I should get to tkae care of it if it is die off
i have red and blue leg hermits and alot of brittle stars...but no snails yet...was goin to get some once i started seein alge

The hermits and brittle stars will help clean it up. I don't know what you mean by "cleaner". I used a soft toothbrush to clean my rocks when needed.

good call....
hopefully I can get my other pump and get my skimmer goin tomorrow...Im sure it needs to be skimmed

just an update...I stuck my hand in there and brushed it off and you can difently tell it was die off and like a film over whatever died....good thin gim still cycling cause i thought this rock was fully cured. Guess not cause i checked my levels last nite and i am goin through an ammion spike and have nitrites....PH is still low too....but Im goin to get distilled water and do a water change either tonight or tomorrow....have to take out my sump to drill it for my skimmer....hopefully my skimmer will get these levels down
so far i have lost one of my damsels :(

Back
Top Bottom