What kind of anemone am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had this anemone for 11 mos. now and he has divided at least 5 times now. Loves fish and shrimp but don't seem to get that big, cap about 1"-2". I saw one on some LR in a LFS and he didn't know what it was either. Problem is, 3 of them reside on a nice riccordea rock and I don't want the riccs to move off their home. I know the anem will move back if they find their loc. favorable, which they apparently do. Two have ventured away from the others. Should I move them to avoid a war? I don't want my riccs to fall into the LR abyss in an effort to avoid war.

Attachments

• sw_09-04_anem.jpg
    sw_09-04_anem.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 100
I thought these guys reproduse to plague proportions? Mine has divided into 5 in 18 mos. Doesn't Joe's Juice bottle say Majano and Apt. killer? Should I nuke them? :zook:

Majano aren't as bad as aptasia. They will continue to spread that's the only problem. It may take longer, but it will happen. Rather you nuke them or not is up to you. Personally, I would while it's only a few.

They are very responsive to the available nutrient in the system, not just light. The more you feed a tank, the faster they grow along with everything else. Typically why they are more of a nuisance in newer tanks than established ones. New tanks are a nutrient soup.

Cheers
Steve

My experience w/ Majano went like this. I had one, thought it was pretty cool, so I left it alone. About 2-3 weeks later it literally split twice in one night 8O 1 became 3 in less than 24 hrs-that was enough for me to decide to nuke em'.

Nuke them!! they are a PIA, they sting other corals and move all over the place.. I had no clue what they were 3 years ago and thought they were cool also... Now they are alll over, I Nuke 10 and then 5 more pop up, nuke them and then 15 pop up.
Get them before they spread...

Back
Top Bottom