WHAT KIND OF FISH IS THIS?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boges_au2006

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering if anyone knew what type of fish this is?
Is it a brown tang??
Cheers

img_775581_0_d5063882e3bb326924a6ccda2123d8fd.jpg

WELCOME TO AA!!

I am going to move this to the Fish ID section.

Opps, sorry I didn't move this, moving now.

ok thanks guys ill check this out :D:D thanks heaps for your help. i was told it was a brown tang but thought. it isnt even brown. however when it sleeps or goes shy it does change colour and goes very dark like a brown so i thought maybe it is.

ok thanks guys again for the help. looks like im going to have to sell it. as i read it grows up to 2 foot in length. i only have a 5ft tank and rekon it would be cruel to do that to it. :( i so dont wanna see it go. its a beautiful fish

boges_au2006 said:
ok thanks guys again for the help. looks like im going to have to sell it. as i read it grows up to 2 foot in length. i only have a 5ft tank and rekon it would be cruel to do that to it. :( i so dont wanna see it go. its a beautiful fish
I like your way of thinking. It's a good choice to take it back. I do agree, it is a beautiful fish.

thanks roka. i have been in tropical fish for awhile now but only just transfered over to marine when i picked up a 5ft tank for 400 bucks with everything including live rock and fish which included this tang. didnt realise it would grow so big.

how would i got about selling this. should i take it to a aquarium store and ask them. as i dont think too many people could house it and i dont want to sell it to someone off the street as they may tell me they have the room but probably wont and it would be cruel to such a beautiful fish.

You could place up an ad here for it . I agree beautiful fish ! If you take it to a LFS be fore warned that they will sell it to any one willing to delve out the cash . So with your thinking you may be better off to join on some groups and list it for a local pick up or delivery if you want to be sure that they are being honest ...

Thanks Sadielynn. i know a very very good lfs store who are very particular about what they sell and too who. they want to know all the information first. i went to buy a fish and they wouldnt sell it too me as i hadnt had it set up long enough they said. which i respected. they are very good.
i am actually from australia so i dont think i can put an ad up in here thats all.u are all from the US arent u?

http://www.aquatouch.com/Showfish.htm

These folks were at MACNA, they specialize in large, show size fish for display tanks. YOu might want to contact them and see if they are interested. I have a vlamingi that I bought as a 2 inch fish, it is now over a foot long...one day I may be in the same situation you are, but not quite yet.

A very sad day in my tank. Nori was the tang's name had died. I am devastated. Apparently the new foxface i put in (which my lfs assured me it would be fine) has cut the gills of nori and he has sadly died after putting up a huge fight :(
im in tears :(:(

thanks for your help

I am sorry for your loss. I would not think the foxface was the aggressor though...their spines are used for defence purposes. Just telling you this so you arent upset with the new fish. Tangs are very territorial and I suspect that Nori was pestering it and got jabbed.

thanks. i know nori wouldve been the agressor. however i will probably still take back the foxface as they gave me misleading information and if i want to get another tang i cant cause of this fish. im still so sad.

Back
Top Bottom