What kind of softies can I have??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stradt03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm kind of interested in anemone's and corrals. I know my lighting isn't IDEAL but hopefully it can maintain some softies. anyway lighting is:
(2) 192 watt Dual PC with a 96 watt daylight 12K and a 96 watt Blue. The tank is a 150.

thanks guys!!

Jason

Ok. Lets clarify the lighting.

You have two fixtures that both have a 96W 12K bulb and a 96W actinic bulb? Can you refresh my memory on the lenght of a 150gal tank. Do you have one fixture over the left side and one over the right side. In addition to the lenght whats the depth of the tank (from top of water to bottom of tank).

This will help us judge how much light you have penitrating the tank and a better idea of what could work with your existing light setup and where various coral types would need to be located.

yes, I have a 150 gallon, 72 long by 22 deep. I have two fixtures, one over the left half of the tank one over the right half. and yes both fixtures have a a 96W 12K bulb and a 96W actinic bulb.

hope this clears things up.....thanks for all your help in advance.

Jason

You should be ok with softies with your lighting, but you may need to research a particular anemone that doesn't demand intense lighting, which most do.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom