what kind of worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
These pics suck, I know, so hopefully the verbal description will help. I saw this laying out on the sandbed, something had munched its head 3/4th of the way off. The pics show the size a little, it has little stiff bristles on both sides and around the front of its head(?). The thing is, this was rather flat and wide and not round like an earthworm or snake. That was a normal soup spoon that it is laying in. It was less red and more tannish in color than the pic shows.

Any ideas what it is and any ideas as to what I have that tried to eat it?
Lawnmower blennie, two tangs, flame angel, lionfish, emerald crabs, scarlet reef hermit and one horseshoe crab that hasnt shown itself in a few days.

Looks like the inside of a fish, not to scare you, but I have never seen that type of anything before.

When I removed all of my rock to get rid of the damsel fish that I had, I remember seeing these type of things on the rocks...they are bristle worms that I had..I had some that were dark red and some that were a pink color...I just left them on the rocks and put them back in and I haven't seen them since... there so many different kinds of worms that may inhabit the tank however, I am going to stay with the vote, bristle worm....

Back
Top Bottom