What kinda crab update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim D

Aquarium Advice Regular
What kinda crab , didn't know how to update so done again.
my tank been running about 7months now and this showed up. Also a very small blackish one about 10mm across with two white staggered stripes on its back...only saw that once. any thoughts and are they ok in tank...they seem a bit shy. also my lemon peel angel seems to think its gonna clean it and lies down near it.

Not really the kind of crab you want in the tank... Claws like that mean meat eater and coral nippers... I had 2 that looked like that and they mowed down an anemone overnight.... I got rid of mine by the blade...(only way I could get them..)

thats a shame....cos i quite like it too

Yoe ever seen any crabs that have claws and hands with fans on them? I saw one the other day and it looked like he was swishing his hands trying to filter feed.

crab....

Yes i saw one like that....anemone crab i think.

:D I have one! His name is Spot and he *NEVER* leaves his anemone, even while turning his rock upside down and shaking it.... 8)
spot&chips.jpg

Here's a closeup of him where you can really see his fans
spotunder.jpg

I have a crab just like that but it did not come with an anemone, it came with my LR.

I guess they are considered reef safe? I am trying to get most of my hitchhiker crabs out of the tank.

I think my crab is the cause of a couple of soft corals looking a bit bare now, while it gets fatter :(

give you a straight swop notmuffy.....no questions asked :D

Back
Top Bottom